The temperature is not the only thing rising out there… Vancouver’s urban renaissance continues full steam ahead with multiple large projects underway and working through the permitting process. In theory it is conceivable that there could be as many as eight tower cranes at least briefly working together in the Esther Short Neighborhood. It will be a timing thing, one or more existing cranes may come down before some of the pipeline projects are erecting theirs. Vancouver’s Downtown/Midtown area has had at least one operating tower crane continuously for over six years now! That might be a record.
I mentioned last time that ground was broken on Block 3 and now the CCRA just ran their eval on the very large Terminal One project that frankly looks real nice and offers a very nice community benefit of masses of public parking and a gorgeous public courtyard, grand staircase, and future bridge link to the new gateway district currently in city planning stages. Holland seems to be moving at light speed topping out both towers on Block Ten already!
Here are a list of of active large construction projects underway Downtown:
- Mill Plain II, Angelo Tower: 6 story mixed use. Estimated completion Q2 – 2021
- Kirkland Tower: 12 story condo tower. Estimated completion Q3 – 2021
- Indigo Hotel: 8 story hotel. Estimated completion Q3 – 2021
- Columbia at the Waterfront: 7 story apartment tower. Estimated completion Q4 -2021
- WXV Apartments: 4 story apartment building. Estimated completion Q2 – 2022
- Jefferson Street Apartments: 4 story apartment building. Estimated completion Q2 – 2022
- Residences at Arnada: 3 & 4 story apartment buildings. Estimated completion Q2 – 2022
- AC Marriot at Terminal One: 7 story hotel. Estimated completion Q2 – 2022
- Holland HQ: 6 story office tower. Estimated completion Q3-2022
- Holland Apartments: 7 story apartment tower. Estimated completion Q3 – 2022
- VITA Elementary School: 4 story school. Estimated completion Q3 – 2022
- Broadstone Claro: 7 story apartment tower. Estimated completion Q1 – 2023
- Aegis Phase I: 5 & 6 story apartment towers. Estimated completion Q1 – 2023
- Block 3 Flats (Timberhouse): 8 story apartment tower. Estimated completion Q2 – 2023
Breaking ground soon:
- Navalia Apartments: 3 story apartments over existing commercial. Estimated start Q3 – 2021
- Terminal One Blocks A & C: 7 story office & 7 story apartment tower. Estimated start Q4 – 2021
- The Springs Living: 12 story senior living tower. Estimated start Q1 – 2022
- Washington Street Apartments: 6 story apartment tower. Estimated start Q1 – 2022
- Waterfront Parking Garage: 7 story, 765 space parking tower. Estimated start Q2 – 2022
- Aegis Phase II: 3 – 6 story towers 2 apartments, 1 parking. Estimated start Q3 – 2022
- Block 2 Tower: 10 story office tower. Estimated start Q4 – 2022
- Block 16 Condo Tower: 14 story condo tower. Estimated start Q1 – 2023
This summer should be hot from the sun and hot in the construction scene.
In urban condo news things were quiet last week but a couple units came on the market and immediately went pending. So the inventory has remained steady.